Italparts Italia S.r.l. (“ItalParts”) is data controller for the processing of your Personal Information (as defined below).
This privacy notice explains how ItalParts and its subsidiaries (“ItalParts,” “we,” “us” and “our”) collect, use, and share personal information that you provide to us, or that we may otherwise obtain or generate, which relates to you (“Personal Information”). ItalParts has implemented technical, administrative, and physical measures to safeguard any Personal Information that we may collect (see below). As this Notice is intended to cover a variety of situations, there may be information contained in the Notice that does not apply to you.
What personal information might ItalParts collect?
“Personal Information” is information through which a natural person is identifiable or may be identified. We may collect, use and process your Personal Information in order to provide you with services, products or information that you request.
We will not collect your Personal Information without your knowledge and permission, nor will we sell or rent any such data. In order to set up your individual user account or provide you with a specific product, service, or information or to process a transaction, we may request your personally identifiable information. This information may include:
- your name, including given, family, middle, and any suffix;
- information about an individual’s employer, including company name, company location, and country of incorporation;
- shipping address;
- billing address;
- e-mail address;
- other payment related information such as credit card details or similar.
How might ItalParts use the Personal Information it collects?
Personal Information is only collected when necessary to set up your personal ItalParts account, provide a product, service, or information, process a transaction, or if you submit it to us for other purposes, for instance if applying for employment.
The collection of Personal Information will be transparent to you, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to provide it. If you choose not to provide any of the Personal Information requested, ItalParts may be unable to complete your transaction, or provide the information, services or products you have requested.
When collected, the Personal Information might be used for the following purposes:
- for account management, support, administrative and billing purposes and for the purpose of providing ItalParts and the services offered on our platform to you as set forth in the ItalParts Terms & Conditions. The legal basis for our processing is that the processing is necessary for the performance of the obligations under the ItalParts Terms & Conditions.
- Maintaining Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) systems, workflow systems, and other information technology (“IT”) systems, including workflows to document ItalParts participation in professional organizations and provision or receipt of business gifts and hospitality;
- providing customer service and support;
- for the purpose of direct marketing, meaning that we may send you information and offers about products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. The legal basis for our processing is that it is necessary for our legitimate interest of maintaining good customer relations.
In addition, we may use your Personal Information for the purposes of analysing and developing the ItalParts platform and for marketing purposes. The legal ground for our processing is that the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests to improve our services and our marketing measures. To the extent the aforementioned purposes can be achieved on the basis of anonymized data, we will anonymize your Personal Information and aggregate it with other users’ anonymized data. When your Personal Information has been anonymized, it will no longer be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws and for the purposes of this privacy notice.
At times we may need to get your consent to allow us to use your Personal Information for one or more of the purposes set out above. You have various rights where we are processing your Personal Information on the basis of your consent. For example, we would like to send you information about other products of ours, which believe might be in your interest. If you don’t want to be on one of our mailing lists, you can choose to opt out at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of our promotional emails.
The Personal Information is not subject to automated decision-making.
Who Personal Information may be shared with:
We will share your Personal Information with a subcontractor when needed to supply the ItalParts website, supply products ordered through the website or any other service requested by you (example shipping company), for e.g. purposes of storage of personal data or troubleshooting and correction of any defects in our platform. Such subcontractors normally act as data processors on behalf of us.
We may further share your Personal Information with other companies within the ItalParts group when necessary to provide you with products or services that you have ordered.
Because ItalParts is a global company with locations in many different countries, we may transfer your Personal Information from one legal entity to another or from one country to another in order to accomplish the purposes listed above. We will transfer your Personal Information consistent with applicable legal requirements and only to the extent necessary for the purposes set out above. Within the ItalParts of companies, Personal Information is transferred subject to the same rules and levels of security. If required, data processing agreements will be in place to ensure the necessary level of protection.
Transfer of Personal Information outside the EEA
We will only transfer your Personal Data to a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) where we have ensured that such transfer is legal under applicable laws, e.g. by (i) executing EU standard data protection clauses with the recipient of the personal data, (ii) ensuring that the country has an adequate level of protection of personal data, as decided by the EU Commission, or (iii) for transfers to and processing in the USA, ensuring that the recipient holds self-certifying registrations under the EU-U.S. and/or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks administered by the U.S. Department of Commerce's International Trade Administration.
Apart from the above, ItalParts will not sell or otherwise share your Personal Information outside the ItalParts group of companies, except to:
- comply with legal obligations, including but not limited to, in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
How long we will keep the Personal Information
We will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
We will keep your Personal Information as long as your ItalParts account is active. You can delete your account and Personal Information at any time. The aforementioned does not apply to the extent ItalParts is required to retain your Personal Information (partly or in full) for a certain period under applicable mandatory law.
In addition, your Personal Information will be deleted within 90 days if you (i) have not logged in with your account for 24 months, or (ii) have not logged in or verified an account created for you within 90 days after the account was created.
You are entitled to the following rights under applicable laws. Please note that all the rights are not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke one of the following rights might not lead to an action from us.
- The right to access. You may at any time request to access your Personal Information. Upon request, we will provide a copy of your Personal Information in a commonly used electronic form.
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to obtain rectification of inaccurate Personal Information and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- The right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”). Under certain circumstances, you may request us to delete your Personal Information. Please note that this right is not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke the right might not lead to an action from us.
- The right to object. You are entitled to object to certain processing activities conducted by us in relation to your Personal Information, such as our processing of the Personal Information based on our legitimate interest. The right to object also applies to processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to restriction of processing. You may under certain circumstances request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability. You are entitled to receive the Personal Information (or have the Personal Information directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Technical and administrative measures are implemented to help protect Personal Information and other data on our servers from unauthorized access, loss, or alteration. However, no server or transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure. Therefore, any activity or communication is conducted at your own risk.
Further information and complaints
For further information on the processing of Personal Information, please send an email to the following email address: [email protected]
If we do not address any of your requests, or fail to provide you with a valid reason why we are unable to do so, you have the right to contact supervisory authority to make a complaint. You can find your local supervisory authority at following link http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Links to third party websites
Some of our web pages may contain links to third party websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies, content, or practices of such other websites or their owners or operators.